Property Committee Mission Statement
Mission/Purpose of Property Committee – Draft November 2012
Assure proper Meetinghouse conditions each day it is used by the Monthly Meeting
- Manage thermostat settings to ensure comfortable conditions for usage.
- Monitor and purchase and store supplies in the bathrooms.
- Manage weekly maintenance: cleaning / trash removal / laundry.
- Schedule periodic/seasonal deep cleaning of the Meetinghouse and grounds.
- Schedule necessary cleaning of the wood pellet furnace.
- Order wood pellets as needed.
- Arrange for parking lot snow removal and ice sanding.
Deal with occasional needed repairs
- Find skilled subcontractors and obtain quotes as needed.
- Give approval, arrange access, and oversee work by subcontractors.
- Assure prompt payment.
Finances in Regard to MeetingHouse
- Recommend the amount of the annual Replacement Reserve and monitor its adequacy.
- Recommend budget for year for Meetinghouse expenses; monitor budget during the year.
- Approve utility bills and bill for maintenance and repair of the meetinghouse.
Coordinate use of the Meetinghouse for events other than Monthly Meeting activities
- Review Property Use Policy to ensure it meets the Meeting’s needs and make recommendations for updates.
- Approve applications for groups or individuals using the building.
- Assure there is a responsible person opening the Meetinghouse and asssuring the Meetinghouse is in acceptable condition at the end.
- Bring to Business Meeting any request for regular use by any group other than the Monthly Meeting.
- Maintain a calendar for building usage that is posted in the meetinghouse.
- Appoint member to be liason with AMTP regarding their use of the building.
Manage storage spaces
- Organize the Mechanical Room for easy access to tools, tables, chairs and cleaning supplies.
- Determine what materials are to be kept in the attic and arrange for their storage and retrieval.
Assure adequate security of the building
- Create a closing procedure list; coordinate schedule with cleanup of kitchen to ensure that Meetinghouse doors are locked and the windows closed after each use.
- Assure proper security of the key and the combination of the lock box and rear door.
- Develop or get suggestions for Meetinghouse improvements in the coming years.
- Get cost estimates and details of suggested improvements.
- Get Meeting approval if an increase in the Property Committee's budget is needed.
- Find someone competent to do the work and get a quote for the cost of such work.
- Give approval to that person for such work and get the work scheduled.
- Arrange access for that person and assure the work is done properly and paid for promptly.